Chocolate Chip Macaroons
These chewy chocolate chip coconut cookies are packed with sweet nutty flavor.
3 large egg whites
1/4 cup Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (14 ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together egg whites, Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend, almond extract and salt until frothy. Add coconut and mini chocolate chips, mixing until the chocolate chips are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Scoop batter using a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon, placing batter 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Rotate sheet half way through the baking process for more even browning.
- Transfer warm cookies to a cooling rack and let sit until completely cooled. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
Makes 24 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cookie): Calories 110 | Calories from Fat 60 | Fat 7g (sat 5.0g) | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 75mg | Carbohydrates 12g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 10g | Protein 1g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.