Chocolate Pudding with Strawberries
Smooth, creamy, and satisfying chocolate pudding layered with ripe strawberries and a dollop of whipped topping looks sensational and tastes magnificent.
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
6 packets Splenda® No Calorie Sweetener with Fiber - divided use
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1/4 cup egg substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons butter
2 cups strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup fat-free whipped topping
- Mix cornstarch, cocoa powder and 5 packets of Splenda® No Calorie Sweetener with Fiber together in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine milk, egg substitute, and vanilla in a small sauce pot.
- Whisk in cocoa powder mixture until well blended. Add butter.
- Heat on medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Refrigerate until cool, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Mix strawberries and remaining one packet of Splenda® No Calorie Sweetener with Fiber. Stir well.
- Spoon pudding into individual serving cups or parfait dishes. Top each serving with berries and finish with 1 tablespoon of whipped topping.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 120 | Calories from Fat 30 | Fat 3.5g (sat 2.0g) | Cholesterol 5mg | Sodium 85mg | Carbohydrates 22g | Fiber 4g | Sugars 20g | Protein 6g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.