Citrus Glaze Chicken with Almonds
A fabulous sweet and sour citrus glaze for chicken, with fresh herbs and toasted almonds adding an extra dimension. Enjoy with a tossed salad or steamed vegetables.
4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup almond slices, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Place chicken breasts on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with one tablespoon of orange juice concentrate (reserve remaining concentrate for sauce).
- Bake in oven 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place remaining orange juice concentrate, lemon juice and chicken broth in a small saucepan.
- Blend together Splenda® Granulated Sweetener and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into broth. Heat over medium-high heat and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken slightly. Remove from heat. Whisk butter into sauce. Add chives and parsley.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts. Sprinkle almonds over breasts and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 220; Calories from Fat: 70; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 75mg; Sodium: 200mg; Total Carbs: 8g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 6g; Protein: 28g.
Exchanges Per Serving: 4 Very Lean Meats, 1 Fat, 1/2 Starch.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.