French Toast Strata
This delightful strata is made with cinnamon raisin bread and is perfect for a breakfast or brunch. Very easy to prepare the night before, then just bake in the morning.
1/3 cup Splenda® Granular
1 cup egg substitute (or 4 large eggs)
2/3 cup skim milk
3/4 teaspoon maple flavor
8 slices cinnamon raisin bread
2 cups peeled apples, thinly sliced
1/4 cup low fat cream cheese
1 tablespoon Splenda® Granular
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray an 8x8x2-inch square cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Blend together, in a medium size mixing bowl, 1/3 cup Splenda® Granular, egg substitute, milk, and maple flavor.
- Tear Cinnamon Raisin Bread into 1 to 2-inch pieces. Toss bread and sliced apples into mixing bowl with other ingredients. Toss to just coat bread. Pour bread mixture into prepared pan.
- Cut cream cheese into 8 chunks and place on top of strata.
- Blend remaining 1 tablespoon Splenda® Granular and cinnamon together. Sprinkle over strata. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe using egg substitute): Calories 160 | Calories from Fat 35 | Fat 4.0g (sat 1.0g) | Cholesterol 5mg | Sodium 200mg | Carbohydrates 22g | Fiber 2g | Sugars 13g | Protein 8g.
Exchanges Per Serving: 1 med. fat meat, 1 carbohydrate.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.