Enjoy the aroma of these heavily spiced ginger cookies while they bake.
2/3 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup molasses*
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/4 cup egg substitute
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
8 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Mix Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, sugar, butter, molasses and oil together in a medium mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until creamy. Scrape sides of the bowl. Add egg and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and mix until blended.
- Divide dough in half. Roll into logs approximately 1 1/2-inches wide and 14 inches long. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or freeze for 1 1/2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly oil cookie sheets.
- Slice cookies approximately 1/4-inch thick.** Place on prepared sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
Makes 36 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cookie): Calories 110 | Calories from Fat 40 | Fat 4.5g (sat 2.0g) | Cholesterol 10mg | Sodium 75mg | Carbohydrates 16g | Fiber 0g | Sugars 7g | Protein 2g.
*Use Robust Molasses for a more molasses flavor.
**Cookie Dough can also be rolled out and cut into circles or shapes.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.