Diabetic-friendly, reduced sugar gingerbread men cookies perfect for the holidays.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and allspice into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in egg and egg yolk. Stir in dry ingredients and mix until dough forms. Shape dough into a disc, wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Using a 4-inch cookie cutter, cut dough and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
Makes 30 servings. Serving Size: 1 (4-inch) gingerbread cookie.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cookie): Calories 110 | Calories from Fat 45 | Fat 5.0g (sat 3.0g) | Cholesterol 25mg | Sodium 65mg | Carbohydrates 13g | Fiber 0g | Sugars 7g | Protein 1g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.