Kevin Rathbun's Shrimp and Corn Salad with Basil
A colorful array of fresh corn kernels, minced red onion and cherry tomatoes are dressed in a lime vinaigrette and topped with spicy grilled shrimp.
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups fresh corn kernels
3/4 cup minced red onion
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
4 tablespoons olive oil
6 tablespoons lime juice
4 tablespoons Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
2 teaspoons kosher salt
3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium size pan and sauté corn and red onions until tender.
- Transfer corn mixture to a stainless bowl and add cut tomatoes and put aside.
- Mix olive oil, lime juice, Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, salt and basil in a small stainless bowl; toss with corn.
- Toss the shrimp, oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cook shrimp on an open face grill for 2 minutes on one side and turn-over for an additional minute. Place cooked shrimps into corn salad mixture.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 340; Calories from Fat: 170; Total Fat: 19g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 130mg; Sodium: 930mg; Total Carbs: 26g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugars: 8g; Protein: 21g.
Exchanges per Serving: 1 1/2 Starches, 1 Medium-Fat Meat.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.