Lemon-Orange Walnut Bread
You'll love this sweet quick bread with a fragrant and delightful combination of lemon and orange that's perfect with tea.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup 1% milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated orange peel
2 large eggs
3/4 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°F). Lightly spray an 8x4-inch loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Combine milk, lemon juice, lemon and orange peel. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and Splenda® Granulated Sweetener on high speed with an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Reduce speed to medium; gradually add melted butter and vanilla, beating until blended, about 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk mixture; beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in nuts. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
Makes 12 (1/2-inch slice) servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories 220 | Calories from Fat 120 | Fat 14g (sat 6g) | Cholesterol 55mg | Sodium 190mg | Carbohydrates 20g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 3g | Protein 5g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.