Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry
This colorful stir-fry dish has 26% fewer calories than traditional Asian lemon chicken recipes. Serve over rice for a satisfying entrée.
1/2 cup vegetable stock or water
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons apple juice or dry sherry
2 teaspoons light soy sauce
1 teaspoon chili sauce
1 chicken-flavored bouillon cube, crushed or 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
Chicken and Vegetables:
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 cups cut-up fresh vegetables such as green onions, fresh mushrooms, carrots, red pepper, broccoli florets, snow peas and celery
2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful*
Hot cooked rice (optional)
- For Lemon Sauce: Combine vegetable stock, lemon juice, cornstarch, apple juice, soy sauce, chili sauce and chicken-flavored bouillon cube in small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or heavy frying pan over medium heat. Cook and stir chicken and garlic until chicken is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add vegetables. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Return chicken to pan; add Lemon Sauce. Cook until sauce is thickened and bubbling. Stir in Equal®.
- Serve over rice, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
*May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): calories 243, protein 28 g, carbohydrate 12 g, fat 9 g, cholesterol 66 mg, sodium 308 mg.
Food Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.