Savor the smooth flavor of coffee and chocolate in a mouthwatering reduced calorie cake.
3/4 cup margarine
1 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
6 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
3 large eggs
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour - divided use
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups brewed Hazelnut Cream Seattles Best Coffee®, cooled*
Mocha-Hazelnut Cream Cheese Frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat margarine, Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, dry milk powder and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Blend in chocolate. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with electric mixer on low speed after each addition until well blended. Add ½ cup of the flour, the baking soda and salt; mix well. Add remaining 2 cups flour alternately with the coffee, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Pour evenly into two greased and floured 9-inch round layer pans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Fill and frost with Mocha-Hazelnut Cream Cheese Frosting. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories 250 | Calories from Fat 120 | Fat 13g (sat 3.5g) | Cholesterol 40mg | Sodium 330mg | Carbohydrates 28g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 12g | Protein 5g.
*Substitute: Prepare as directed, using any flavor Seattles Best Coffee®.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.