Enjoy the rich flavors of coffee and chocolate in a creamy congealed custard.
1 (0.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup water
1 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons instant espresso granules
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
1/2 cup whipping cream
Garnishes: whipped cream and chocolate covered espresso beans
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in a small bowl; let stand 1 minute.
- Combine Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, cocoa, and espresso granules in a saucepan. Gradually add milk and egg yolks, whisking until blended. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Add gelatin mixture; cook over low heat whisking until gelatin dissolves (about 2 minutes). Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into gelatin mixture.
- Pour into a lightly greased 3-cup mold. Cover and chill 4 hours or until firm.
- Unmold onto serving platter. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate covered espresso beans.
Makes 6 (1/3 cup) servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe; 1/3 cup): Calories 110 | Calories from Fat 80 | Fat 9g (sat 5.0g) | Cholesterol 95mg | Sodium 15mg | Carbohydrates 6g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 3g | Protein 3g.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.