Nana Nut Bread
A tasty and healthy banana bread. This bread has potassium and fiber from the bananas, omega three fatty acids from the walnuts, and no cholesterol!
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch salt
1 1/4 cups mashed bananas
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/3 cup reduced fat buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup chopped walnuts*
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Blend the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Add oil, buttermilk and vanilla to the mashed bananas. Mix well. Pour banana mixture into dry ingredients. Stir until just mixed.
- Add chopped walnuts. Stir until just mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 to 55 minutes or until rich brown and the center is set.
Makes 8 servings.
*Black walnuts can be used to create a uniquely flavored banana bread.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 160; Calories from Fat: 40; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 170mg; Total Carbs: 25g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 7g; Protein: 3g.
Exchanges Per Serving: 1 Fat, 1 Starch, 1/2 Fruit.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.