Orange Chiffon Cheesecake
Low-fat and low-sugar orange chiffon cheesecake.
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
8 tablespoons light margarine, melted
1 teaspoon Equal® for Recipes or 3 packets Equal® sweetener or 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful™
1 cup orange juice
1 (0.25-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
3 1/2 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes or 12 packets Equal® sweetener or 1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful™
2 cups light whipped topping
2 medium oranges, peeled, seeded and chopped
Orange sections (optional)
- Spray 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, margarine and 1 teaspoon Equal® for Recipes or 3 packets Equal® sweetener or 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful™ . Pat mixture evenly on bottom and halfway up side of pan.
- Bake in preheated 350°F (175°C) oven 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool.
- Pour orange juice into small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over orange juice and let soften 1 minute. Heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- Blend cream cheese and ricotta cheese in large bowl until smooth; stir in 3 1/2 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes or 12 packets Equal® sweetener or 1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful™ .
- Add gelatin mixture to cheese mixture; blend until smooth. Fold whipped topping into cheese mixture. Stir in chopped oranges. Spoon into prepared crust and spread evenly.
- Chill 6 hours or overnight. Remove side of pan; place cheesecake on serving plate. Garnish with orange sections, if desired.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): 204 cal., 6 g pro., 20 g carbo., 11 g fat, 17 mg chol., 209 mg sodium.
Food Exchanges: 1/2 Milk, 1 Bread, 2 Fat.
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.