Peanut Butter Granola Bites
A hearty cookie filled with lots of fiber and good flavor. Chunky peanut butter, cornflakes, oats and raisins provide the fiber; a hint of honey and cinnamon the other great flavors.
2 cups cornflakes
1 cup quick oats, uncooked
2/3 cup seedless raisins
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup egg substitute or 4 large egg whites
1 cup Equal® Spoonful*
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine cornflakes, oats and raisins in large bowl.
- Combine peanut butter and egg substitute in medium bowl. Stir in Equal®, honey, vanilla and cinnamon until well blended. Spoon over cereal mixture. Toss gently to combine. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place on lightly sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden and dough is set. Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature.
Makes 30 servings.
*May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/30 of recipe; 1 cookie): calories 56, protein 2 g, carbohydrate 8 g, fat 2 g, cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 42 mg.
Food Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.