Pistachio Cranberry Scones
Enjoy scones at breakfast or teatime with butter or jam.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon orange zest
6 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Spray a cookie sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, and soda, salt and orange rind in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Add Splenda® Granulated Sweetener and milk to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in cranberries and pistachio nuts.
- Pat dough to a 3/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut scones with a 2 1/2-inch round biscuit cutter, and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes 14 scones.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/14 of recipe; 1 scone): Calories: 190; Calories from Fat: 70; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 15mg; Sodium: 230mg; Total Carbs: 26g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 4g; Protein: 4g.
Exchanges Per Serving: 2 Starches, 1 Fat.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.