Quick Refrigerator Sweet Pickles
Easy-to-make, sugar-free sweet refrigerator pickles.
5 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
2 cloves garlic, halved
2 cups water
1 teaspoon mustard seed
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
2 cups sliced onions
1 cup julienne-strip carrots
2 cups vinegar
36 packets Equal® or 3 tablespoons plus 1 3/4 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes
- Place sliced cucumbers and garlic in a glass or crockery bowl.
- In a medium saucepan combine water, mustard seed, celery seed and turmeric. Bring to boiling. Add onion and carrots; cook 2 minutes. Add vinegar; bring just to boiling.
- Remove from heat; stir in Equal®. Pour over cucumbers and garlic.
- Cool. Cover and chill at least 24 hours before serving.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Makes about 6 cups.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 cup): 8 cal., 0 g pro., 3 g carbo., 0 g fat, 3 mg sodium.
Food Exchanges: Free food.
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.