Low-fat and low-sugar raisin cake.
1 cup water
3/4 cup dark raisins
1/2 cup reduced fat margarine, softened (25% less fat and calories)
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Splenda® Granular
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup fresh or reconstituted orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray an 8x8x2-inch square metal baking pan with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, pour 1 cup boiling water over raisins. Let sit for 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a large bowl, beat margarine with an electric mixer on high speed until margarine is light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add egg substitute and vanilla to margarine and beat on high speed for 30 seconds. Mixture will be separated and liquid.
- Add Splenda® Granular and beat at medium speed until smooth, about 1 1/2 minutes.
In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add flour mixture to the margarine/egg/Splenda® Granular mixture and beat on low speed for 1 minute.
- Add orange juice and beat on medium speed until blended, about 30 seconds. Stir in raisins.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean when inserted into the center of cake. Cool on wire rack to room temperature.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories 100, Carbohydrates 14 g, Protein 2 g, Dietary Fiber 1 g, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 180 mg.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda®.
Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.