Sweet As Sugar Cookies
This sweet treat will bring forth childhood memories.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Optional Garnishes: decorative candies and colored sugars
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer in a medium mixing bowl until creamy. Gradually add Splenda® Sugar Blend, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Gradually add flour mixture Splenda® Sugar Blend mixture, beating until blended. Do not over mix.
- Place dough on a lightly floured work surface. Divide dough in half; pat each half into a circle and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill cookie dough for one hour or until slightly firm.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Work with one portion of dough at a time. Roll each portion to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a cookie cutter, and place on lightly greased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with decorative candies or colored sugars, if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 30 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cookie): Calories 150 | Calories from Fat 60 | Fat 7g (sat 4.0g) | Cholesterol 30mg | Sodium 55mg | Carbohydrates 19g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 7g | Protein 2g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.