Traditional Carrot Cake
Carrots have never tasted better.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
4 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking
2 3/4 cups shredded carrots
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
1 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Spray two (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; dust bottom and sides with flour. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, vegetable oil, and Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking at medium speed with an electric mixer until batter is smooth. Add flour mixture beating at low speed until blended. Fold in carrots, pineapple, walnuts, and coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely.
- Frost and fill with cream cheese frosting, or as desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): 430; Calories from Fat: 230; Total Fat: 25g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 70mg; Sodium: 380mg; Total Carbs: 41g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugars: 23g; Protein: 6g.
Exchanges Per Serving: 2 Starches, 5 Fats, 1/2 Fruit.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.