Very Berry Blueberry Muffins
These berry-filled muffins have a cake-like texture. Bake an extra batch and freeze some for a rainy day.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup light margarine, softened
1 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/4 cup honey
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- Place oven rack in top 1/3 of oven.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Lightly spray liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- Beat margarine at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add Splenda® Granulated Sweetener and honey beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beating until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Fold in berries.
- Spoon batter evenly into paper lined muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan immediately, and cool on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 muffin): Calories 160 | Calories from Fat 45 | Fat 5.0g (sat 1.0g) | Cholesterol 35mg | Sodium 280mg | Carbohydrates 26g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 8g | Protein 4g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.