Warm Spinach Salad
Reduced calorie wilted spinach and turkey bacon salad.
1 (7-ounce) bag baby spinach greens*
1/2 cup fat free salad croutons
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons Splenda® Granular
5 slices turkey bacon
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
- Place spinach greens in a bowl. Remove any undesirable leafs or large stems. Add croutons.
- Blend together vinegar, water, mustard and Splenda® Granular. Add to bacon mixture. Set aside.
- Finely slice bacon into small strips. Place in a medium sized saucepan and fry over medium high heat until crispy (approximately 3 to 4 minutes).
- Add onion and garlic and cook over medium high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar mixture and simmer 1 to 2 minutes. Pour over spinach and croutons. Toss well. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
*Regular fresh spinach may be used in place of baby spinach but will result in a less delicate salad.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Total Calories 190, Calories from fat 30, Total fat 3.5 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Total Carbohydrate 25 g, Sodium 790 mg, Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 1 g, Protein 4 g.
Exchanges Per Serving: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, a lean meat.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.