Cranberry Cornish Hens
Cornish hens are the perfect size to serve individually and make elegant fare for special occasions.
2 Cornish hens
1 (16-ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
A few rosemary sprigs
Salt and pepper for taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In heavy 2 quart saucepan combine jellied cranberry sauce, dry white wine and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until cranberry sauce melts and mixture is smooth.
- Rinse hens in cold water and pat dry.
- Sprinkle the cavities with salt and pepper and a few rosemary sprigs.
- Close the cavities and secure with wooden toothpicks and a sprigs of rosemary.
- Place hens, breast side up in a lightly greased shallow pan.
- When handling raw poultry make sure you wash your hands to prevent the spread of bacteria.
- Next brush the hens with the cranberry mixture, coating all sides.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 45 minutes, basting frequently with the cranberry sauce.
Makes 2 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.