Ground Beef and Pasta Casserole
This hearty Southwestern style ground beef and pasta casserole is sure to win your family's approval.
12 ounces medium-wide egg noodles
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
1 medium onion, chopped
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 (14.5-ounce) can white shoepeg corn, undrained
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Sour cream for accompaniment (optional)
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, chiles, onion, salt and pepper.
- In separate sauce pan, combine corn, tomato soup and tomato sauce. Heat over medium about 5 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients, except cheese, in a large bowl. Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch oven-proof baking dish. Top with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve hot topped with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.