Macaroni and Cheese Casserole with Corned Beef
A simple, yet hearty macaroni and cheese casserole with corned beef topped with crushed saltines.
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter
8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
12 ounces corned beef
1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup crushed saltine crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a skillet sauté chopped onion in butter.
- Prepare macaroni according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine corned beef, cream of mushroom soup (undiluted), milk, and the cooked onions.
- Layer the ingredients by first placing half the macaroni in a baking dish followed by half the meat mixture, and half the shredded cheddar cheese. Repeat, ending with cheese, topped with crushed crackers.
- Bake for 1 hour.
Makes 6 servings.