Penne Pasta Bake
This quick and easy, Italian-inspired pasta casserole makes a great busy day entrée. All that's needed to complete the meal is a green salad and a beverage.
1 (16-ounce) package penne pasta
1 pound lean ground beef
1 to 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti or marinara sauce
6 ounces ricotta cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet brown ground beef with garlic until no longer pink, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Add pasta sauce and ricotta cheese; stir to blend. Transfer to a large casserole dish. Stir in pasta.
- Bake, covered, for 10 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake another 5 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Makes 6 to 8 servings