Chocolate Quickie Stickies
These yummy treats are a quick-fix when you're craving something warm and chocolaty, thanks to ready-to-use refrigerated crescent dinner rolls.
8 tablespoons butter or margarine - divided use
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
4 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa - divided use
5 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
2 (8-ounce each) cans refrigerated quick crescent dinner rolls
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over low heat; add brown sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until mixture comes to boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Spoon about 1 teaspoonful chocolate mixture into each of 48 small muffin cups (1 3/4-inches in diameter).
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon nuts, if desired, into each cup; set aside.
- Unroll dough; separate into 8 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter; brush over rectangles.
- Stir together granulated sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon cocoa; sprinkle over all rectangles. Starting at longer side, roll up each rectangle; pinch seams to seal. Cut each roll into 6 equal pieces. Press gently into prepared pans, cut-side down.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until light brown. Remove from oven; cool 30 seconds. Invert onto cookie sheet. Let stand 1 minute; remove pans. Serve warm or cool completely.
Makes 4 dozen small rolls.
Note: Rolls can be baked in two 8-inch round baking pans. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Cook chocolate mixture as directed; place half in each pan. Prepare rolls as directed; place 24 pieces, cut-side down, in each pan. Bake 20 to 22 minutes. Cool and remove from pans, as directed above.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.