Easy Double Decker Fudge
Double decker fudge just doesn't get any easier and it's fool-proof.
1 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk - divided use
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract - divided use
- Line 8-inch square pan or 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with foil.
- Place peanut butter chips, 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk and butter in medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Place chocolate chips and remaining sweetened condensed milk in second medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave bowl with peanut butter chips at HIGH (100%) 1 minute or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred; stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Immediately pour and spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Microwave bowl with chocolate chips at HIGH (100%) 1 minute or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred; stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Immediately pour and spread evenly over peanut butter layer; cool. Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Remove from pan; place on cutting board. Peel off foil; cut into 1-inch squares. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
Makes about 2 dozen pieces.
Note: For best results, do not double this recipe.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.