Dad's Remote Control Brownies
Give dad a gift he'll love, a great big brownie decorated to look like his favorite piece of technology...the remote control.
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips - divided use
1 teaspoon vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
Red, blue, or orange-colored tubes of decorating gel (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with heavy duty foil; grease bottom and sides of foil.
- Beat butter, sugar, corn syrup and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs; beat until blended.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually blend into butter mixture. Stir in 1 cup peanut butter chips; reserve remainder for glaze. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies just begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Lift foil and brownies out of pan; peel off foil. Cut lengthwise 2-inch wide strips from each side of brownie; place next to each other with cut sides facing outward. Place remaining center section on top to form remote control.
- Melt remaining 2/3 cup peanut butter chips and shortening at HIGH (100%) 30 to 45 seconds or just until smooth when stirred.
- Place mixture in small recloseable plastic bag; snip off corner.
- Decorate to resemble remote control buttons, etc. ; allow to harden. Print numbers and letters with decorating gel, if desired. Cut into bars.
Makes 36 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.