Festive Fruited White Chip Blondies
These fruit bars will make a wonderful addition to a holiday dessert platter.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 cups (12-ounce package) HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips - divided use
2 large eggs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup orange juice
3/4 cup cranberries, chopped
1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease and flour 9-inch square baking pan.
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Stir in 1 cup white chips; remove from heat.
- Beat eggs in large bowl until foamy. Add sugar; beat until thick and pale yellow in color. Add flour, orange juice and white chip mixture; beat just until combined.
- Spread one-half of batter, about 1 1/4 cups, into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes until edges are lightly browned; remove from oven.
- Stir cranberries, apricots and remaining 1 cup white chips into remaining one-half of batter; spread over top of hot baked mixture.
- Stir together nuts and brown sugar; sprinkle over top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes about 16 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.