Marbled Peanut Butter Brownies
Chocolate brownies with swirls of peanut butter filling.
2 (3-ounce each) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter or REESE'S Crunchy Peanut Butter
2 1/4 cups granulated sugar - divided use
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup butter or margarine
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips or 1 cup HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Prepare PEANUT BUTTER FILLING by beating cream cheese, peanut butter, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg and milk.
- Melt butter in large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH (100%) 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until melted. Stir in remaining 2 cups sugar and vanilla. Add remaining 3 eggs, one at a time, beating well with spoon after each addition. Add cocoa; beat until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Remove 1 cup batter; set aside.
- Pour remaining batter into prepared pan. Spread PEANUT BUTTER FILLING over surface. Drop reserved chocolate batter by teaspoons over filling. Using knife, gently swirl through top layers for marbled effect.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes about 36 brownies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.