Peanut Butter Chip Triangles
A buttery brown sugar shortbread crust, studded and topped with a peanut butter chip and walnut filling.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips - divided use
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Stir together flour and brown sugar in medium bowl; cut in cold butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in 1/2 cup peanut butter chips; press mixture on bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla; stir in remaining chips and walnuts. Spread evenly over baked crust.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into 2 to 2 1/2-inch squares; cut squares diagonally to form triangles. Sift powdered sugar over top, if desired.
Makes 24 large to 48 small triangles.
Recipe courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.