Peanut Butter Glazed Chocolate Bars
Glazed layered chocolate bars with a peanut butter filling and chocolate drizzle.
3/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Peanut Butter Filling and Glaze (recipe follows)
Chocolate Drizzle (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch jelly roll pan with foil; grease foil.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Add cocoa; stir constantly until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Remove from oven; cool 2 minutes. Invert onto wire rack. Peel off foil; turn right side up on wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare Peanut Butter Filling And Glaze.
- Cut brownie in half; spread half of glaze evenly on one half. Top with second half; spread with remaining glaze. Cool until glaze is set.
- Prepare Chocolate Drizzle; drizzle over glaze. After chocolate is set, cut into bars.
Makes about 40 bars.
Peanut Butter Filling And Glaze: Combine 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 1/3 cup water in small saucepan; cook over medium heat to boiling. Remove from heat; immediately add 1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips. Stir until melted. Cool slightly. Makes about 1 1/3 cups glaze.
Chocolate Drizzle: Place 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds to 1 minute or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.