Peanutty Chewy Bars
Chocolate cookie bar topped with peanut butter chip and coconut filling.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add butter; cut in with pastry blender or with hands until mixture is well blended, resembling coarse crumbs.
- Add eggs; mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, pressing firmly onto bottom of pan.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is set. Remove from oven; sprinkle peanut butter chips on top.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly over chips; top with coconut.
- Return to oven; bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes about 24 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.