Peanut Butter Chip Banana Muffins
Delicious, moist banana muffins, studded with peanut butter chips, with a crunchy cocoa crumb topping.
1/3 cup vegetable shortening
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
Cocoa Crumb Topping (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line muffin cups (2 1/2-inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- In small bowl, beat shortening and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Add banana, flour and baking soda; blend just until combined. Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter; set aside.
- Prepare Cocoa Crumb Topping.
- Sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoonful Cocoa Crumb Topping onto top of each muffin.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Cover; refrigerate leftovers.
Makes 16 to 18 muffins.
Cocoa Crumb Topping: In small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon HERSHEY'S Cocoa and 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine. Stir in 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts until well blended.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.