Cinnamon Chip Applesauce Coffeecake
A moist and flavorful applesauce coffeecake studded with cinnamon chips and drizzled with a simple powdered sugar glaze.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup applesauce
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) HERSHEY'S Cinnamon Chips
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Easy Glaze (recipe follows) or powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl on medium speed of mixer until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix in applesauce.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in cinnamon chips and pecans, if desired.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Drizzle with glaze or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Makes 12 to 15 servings.
Easy Glaze: Stir together 3/4 cup powdered sugar and 1 to 2 tablespoons warm water.
- Fluted Cake: Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan. Prepare batter as directed; pour into prepared pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in thickest part comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; invert onto wire rack. Cool completely.
- Cupcakes: Paper-line 24 muffin cups (2 1/2-inches in diameter) Prepare batter as directed; spoon into prepared cups. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.