Chocolate Raspberry Pound Cake
A delightful chocolate raspberry pound cake served with a dollop of luscious raspberry cream.
1 cup seedless black raspberry preserves - divided use*
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 (16-ounce) container dairy sour cream
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
Raspberry Cream (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Place 3/4 cup preserves in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 to 45 seconds or until melted; cool.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add butter, sour cream, eggs, vanilla and melted preserves; beat on medium speed 3 to 4 minutes until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Microwave remaining 1/4 cup preserves at HIGH 30 seconds or until melted; brush over warm cake. Cool completely.
- At serving time, sprinkle powdered sugar over top. Fill cake cavity with Raspberry Cream.
Makes 12 servings.
*Red raspberry jam may be substituted.
Raspberry Cream: Thaw 1 (10-ounce) package frozen red raspberries in light syrup. Puree in food processor or blender. Strain over bowl to remove seeds; discard seeds. Blend 3 1/2 cups (8-ounce) frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed, with raspberry puree. Stir in 2 tablespoons raspberry-flavored liqueur, if desired.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.