Chocolate Truffle Cake Supreme
A splendid chocolate truffle cake topped with whipped cream.
1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar - divided use
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 large eggs, separated
1 cup cold whipping cream
Chocolate curls (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Grease bottom of 8-inch springform pan.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Add cocoa and 1 cup sugar, stirring until well blended. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in flour and vanilla. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat egg whites with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in medium bowl until soft peaks form; gradually fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm (center will be soft). Cool completely on wire rack (cake will sink slightly in center as it cools). Remove side of pan. Refrigerate cake at least 6 hours.
- Beat whipping cream in small bowl until soft peaks form; spread over top of cake.
- Cut cake while cold, but let stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.