Cinnamon Sour Cream Cake
Deliciously moist sour cream cake studded with cinnamon chips and dusted with powdered sugar.
3 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour - divided use
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (8-ounce) container dairy sour cream
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) HERSHEY'S Cinnamon Chips
Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Generously grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Combine 3 cups flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Beat sour cream, eggs and vanilla with fork or whisk in medium bowl until smooth.
- Add butter and 1 cup sour cream mixture to flour mixture. Beat on low speed until thoroughly combined; beat 1 minute on high speed. Add remaining sour cream mixture; beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Stir together cinnamon chips and remaining 2 tablespoons flour until chips are coated; gently stir into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.