Double Kisses Chocolate Cupcakes
A creamy milk chocolate Kiss is baked in the center of these homemade cocoa cupcakes, then frosted and topped with yet another chocolate Kiss for an easy garnish.
About 60 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/3 cups water
- Remove wrappers from chocolate pieces; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line muffin cups (2 1/2-inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl. Beat on high speed of mixer 3 minutes.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and baking powder; add alternately with water to butter mixture, beating just until blended.
- Fill prepared muffin cups about 1/2 full with batter.
- Place chocolate piece in center of each.
- Bake 20 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Remove from cups to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Frost as desired. Place another chocolate piece on top of each cupcake.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.