Easy Bake Shoppe Cupcakes
Homemade chocolate cupcakes are quickly and easily frosted with a ready-to-use frosting and simply decorated with colorful mini candy-coated chocolate pieces. A good beginners baking project for young cooks.
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups water
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 can vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
1 bag mini candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line 24 muffin cups (2 1/2-inches in diameter) with paper or foil bake cups.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt, water, oil, vinegar and vanilla in large bowl; beat until thoroughly blended.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Spread with frosting; decorate with mini candy-coated chocolate pieces.
Makes about 2 dozen cupcakes.
A fun variation: Tic-Tac-Toe Cake: Line two 8-inch square baking pans with wax paper; grease and flour paper and sides of pans. Prepare batter as directed; pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 30 to 35 minutes, or until wooden picks inserted in centers come out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans. Peel off paper; cool completely. Frost tops; decorate tops with string licorice as tic-tac-toe grids.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.