Glazed Cranberry Mini-Cakes
Mini vanilla cupcakes with chopped fresh cranberries and walnuts, and topped with a simple white chocolate glaze.
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 2/3 cups HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips - divided use
White Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease or paper-line small muffin cups (1 3/4-inches in diameter).
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually mix into butter mixture. Add milk; stir until blended.
- Stir in cranberries, walnuts and 2/3 cup white chips (reserve remaining chips for glaze). Fill muffin cups about 7/8 full with batter.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Prepare White Glaze; drizzle over top of mini-cakes. Refrigerate 10 minutes to set glaze.
Makes about 3 dozen mini-cakes.
White Glaze: Place remaining 1 cup HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips in small microwave-safe bowl; sprinkle 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over chips. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 30 seconds or just until chips are melted when stirred.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.