Hershey's Special Dark Snack Cake Medley
A dark chocolate snack cake with chocolate cream cheese filling, and a nutty chocolate chip and coconut topping.
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups water
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Cream Cheese Filling:
1/2 cup HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Filling; set aside.
- For Cream Cheese Filling: Place chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred. Beat cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add melted chocolate, beating until well blended.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add water, oil, eggs, vinegar and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Pour 3 cups batter into prepared pan. Gently drop Cream Cheese Filling onto batter by heaping teaspoonfuls. Carefully spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Combine chocolate chips, coconut and nuts; sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into cake center comes out almost clean and cake starts to crack slightly. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover; store leftover cake in refrigerator.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.