Hershey's White and Dark Chocolate Fudge Torte
A rich chocolate torte, loaded with white chocolate chips, topped with a satiny chocolate glaze and garnished with a white chocolate drizzle.
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs, separated
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons water
2 cups (12-ounce package) HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips - divided use
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
Satiny Glaze (recipe follows)
White Decorator Drizzle (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line bottom of 9-inch springform pan with foil; butter foil and side of pan.
- Combine melted butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl; beat well. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in cocoa, flour and water; beat well. Stir in 1 2/3 cups white chips.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in small bowl until stiff peaks form; carefully fold into chocolate mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until top begins to crack slightly. (Cake will not test done in center.) Cool 1 hour. Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Remove side of pan.
- Prepare Satiny Glaze and White Decorator Drizzle.
- Pour glaze over torte; spread evenly over top and side, Decorate top of torte with drizzle. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. Refrigerate leftover torte.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Satiny Glaze: Place 1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1/4 cup whipping cream in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute or just until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Cool to lukewarm and slightly thickened.
White Decorator Drizzle: Place remaining 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips (reserved from torte) and 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 20 to 30 seconds or just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Place in pastry bag with writing tip or drizzle from spoon to decorate torte.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.