Orange Streusel Coffee Cake
An irresistible orange-scented coffeecake filled with cocoa streusel.
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 cup MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes (optional)
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup dairy sour cream
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons freshly grated orange peel
1/2 cup orange marmalade or apple jelly
Cocoa Streusel (recipe follows)
- Prepare Cocoa Streusel: Stir together brown sugar, walnuts, cocoa and coconut, if desired, in small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Generously grease 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add sour cream; beat until blended.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda; add alternately with orange juice to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in orange peel.
- Spread marmalade in bottom of prepared pan; sprinkle half of streusel over marmalade. Pour half of batter into pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle remaining streusel over batter; spread remaining batter evenly over streusel.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- With metal spatula, loosen cake from side of pan; immediately invert onto serving plate. Serve warm or cool.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.