Chocolate-Peanut Butter Coated Apples
Peanut butter chips are the base for the easy candy coating for these apple-on-a-stick sweets. Candied apples make wonderful treats for fall parties.
10 to 12 wooden popsicle sticks
10 to 12 medium apples, stems removed
1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup powdered sugar
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes OR chopped REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips (optional)
- Insert wooden stick into each washed and dried apple.
- Cover tray with wax paper.
- Stir together peanut butter chips and oil in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until chips are softened. Stir until melted. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred.
- Stir together powdered sugar and cocoa; gradually add to melted chip mixture, stirring until smooth. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until very warm.
- Dip apples in mixture; twirl to remove excess coating. (If coating becomes too thick, return to microwave for a few seconds or add additional oil 1 teaspoon at a time.)
- Roll lower half of coated apple in coconut or chopped chips, if desired.
- Allow to cool on prepared tray. Refrigerate, if desired.
Makes 10 to 12 apples.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.