Chocolate Drizzled Butterscotch Apple Slices
Butterscotch coated apple slices, with a decorative chocolate drizzle, make fun and tasty treats, especially for Fall parties.
1 large apple
1 cup HERSHEY'S Butterscotch Chips
3 teaspoons vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) - divided use
1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Line tray with wax paper.
- Wash apple; dry thoroughly. Remove core; cut into 8 slices. Blot dry with paper towels.
- Place butterscotch chips and 2 teaspoons shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds or until chips are melted when stirred.
- With fork, dip each slice completely into mixture. Tap fork and gently shake to remove excess; place slices on prepared tray.
- Place chocolate chips and remaining 1 teaspoon shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 15 seconds or just until chips are melted when stirred.
- With tines of clean fork, drizzle over top of apples.
Makes 8 coated apple slices.
*Note: If coating mixture begins to thicken and tighten, stir in additional vegetable shortening, 1/2 teaspoonful at a time. Microwave at HIGH 15 seconds until smooth and fluid when stirred.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.