Pumpkin Face Brownie Cups
Kids of all ages will love these brownie cupcakes, frosted with orange-tinted frosting and decorated with funny faces.
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter flavored shortening, melted
2 large eggs
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter flavor shortening
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
Green, yellow and red food color
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place 2-inch foil bake cups on cookie sheet; set aside.
- Stir together sugar and cocoa in large bowl; add shortening. Stir with spoon until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Add flour, vanilla and salt; stir until well blended. Stir in peanut butter chips and nuts, if desired. Spoon equal amount of batter into each bake cup.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- Prepare FROSTING; frost brownie cups with orange frosting. Place green and chocolate frosting in separate reclosable sandwich bags; seal. Snip off pinpoint corner of each bag. To decorate, squeeze out green frosting for stems and chocolate frosting for faces.
- For Frosting: Stir together powdered sugar, shortening, milk, vanilla and salt in large bowl. Beat on medium speed of mixer 3 minutes. Beat on high speed 5 minutes. Add additional powdered sugar to thicken or milk to thin, as needed. Remove 1 cup frosting; divide. Stir cocoa into 1/2 cup frosting. Tint other 1/2 cup with green color. Add 6 drops yellow food color and 4 drops red food color to remaining frosting in bowl to tint orange.
Makes about 2 dozen brownie cups.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.