Reese's Peanut Butter
and Milk Chocolate Chip Cattails
Pretzel rods are coated in a milk chocolate and peanut butter chip mixture and garnished with finely chopped milk chocolate and peanut butter chips.
1 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips - divided use
1 cup HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips - divided use
2 teaspoons vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
12 to 14 pretzel rods
- Stir together milk chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Place sheet of wax paper on tray or counter top.
- Finely chop 1 cup chip mixture in food processor or by hand; place on wax paper.
- Line tray or cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Place remaining 1 cup chip mixture and shortening in narrow deep microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Spoon chocolate peanut butter mixture over about 3/4 of pretzel rod; gently shake off excess. Holding pretzel by uncoated end, roll in chopped chips, pressing chips into chocolate. Place on prepared tray.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. Store coated pretzels in cool, dry place.
Makes 12 to 14 coated pretzels.
Variation: Melt 1 cup milk chocolate chips and 1 cup peanut butter chips with 4 teaspoons shortening; dip small pretzels into mixture.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.