Freaky Halloween Cake & Pudding Parfaits
This freaky cake and pudding parfait is a great choice for Halloween parties. Kids will love the chocolaty flavor and crazy, gross-looking pudding color.
Nonstick baking spray
1 (15.25 to 18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
Eggs, oil and water as called for on cake mix package
1 2/3 cups (10 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Halloween Morsels - divided use
1 (5.1-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
3 cups 2% milk
Neon green food coloring
30 (2-ounce) plastic cylindrical or mini dessert cups*
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Coat mini muffin cups with baking spray. A total of at least 60 mini cupcakes (2 per shooter) will be needed for the recipe.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package. Fill prepared mini muffins cups 2/3 full. Top each batter with about 5 to 6 morsels.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 3 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare pudding mix as directed. Tint frosting to desired shade with food coloring. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- To Assemble: Layer as follows in each cup: mini cupcake, teaspoon of pudding, mini cupcake and teaspoon of pudding. Top with remaining morsels. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Makes 30 servings.
*Cups can be purchased at party supply stores.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/30 of recipe): Calories: 170; Calories from Fat: 70; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 3.5g; Cholesterol: 30mg; Sodium: 210mg; Carbohydrates: 22g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 16g; Protein: 3g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.