This kid-pleasing treat will be a hit at your Halloween party.
1 (18 ounce) roll refrigerated sugar-cookie dough
4 (3.5-ounce) containers vanilla pudding
2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs or 20 chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling, finely crushed
Assorted whole vanilla wafers, graham crackers, and/or chocolate-filled oval shortbread cookies
Black, green, red, and white decorator gel icing
Assorted candies, such as fruit-flavored jelly worms, candy-coated, chocolate-covered peanuts and gumdrops
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 12-inch pizza pan or 3 baking sheets.
- With lightly floured hands, pat the cookie dough into prepared pizza pan. If using baking sheets, divide dough into thirds and pat each third into a 7-inch circle onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes for pizza pan or 8 to 10 minutes for smaller circles of dough, or until edges are lightly browned. Cook on wire rack.
- Spread vanilla pudding over baked cookie. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Cover and chill.
- Meanwhile, decorate cookie tombstones.
- Press cookies into pudding layer of pizza. If necessary, support back of cookies with some of the candies. Decorate "graveyard" with candies. Create peering eyes with candy-coated chocolate peanuts; make shoes, feet, and hands with gumdrops; and arrange jelly worms.
- Cover and chill up to 4 hours before serving.
Makes 16 to 20 servings.
Recipe provided by Better Homes and Gardens - BHG.com a member of the Home and Family Network for the best of cooking, gardening, decorating and more. © 2003 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.